Basic Decorating Techniques
How to Make A
People marvel at the realism of these roses!
1. Using a 3/4-inch diameter ball of fondant, mold a cone base approximately 1-1/2-inch high.
2. Roll a 3/8-inch diameter ball of fondant.
3. Flatten this ball into a circular petal about 1/4 inch thick on bottom and thin on the top. Make about the diameter of a nickel. Make several petals this size.
4. Wrap first petal around the point of the cone to form a bud.
5. Press three more petals around the base of the bud. Gently curl edges of petals.
6. Make five more petals using slightly larger balls of fondant. Flatten, then thin edge with finger and shape petals. Press petals under first row of petals. Continue, placing petals in between and slightly lower than previous row.
Roll a thin log of green fondant and attach.
(can be tinted to any colors or used as white)
Variation for coloring white fondant: Decorate with Edible Brush On Paints.
This book is filled with exciting, colorful cakes for children's birthdays, family birthdays, bridal and baby showers, weddings and more. Photos of finished cakes, instructions and there is a step-by-step technique section.